FOCUS

FOCUS

My Weight Tracker

Friday, November 14, 2008

Red wine or white wine ... ugh!

So, it's Friday. Tonight is movie and game night with my daughters. Hubby is at his daughters (my step-daughters) basketball game. Then he goes off to work his second job as a bouncer. So its just me and my twin 6 year olds. Anyway, I've been craving wine lately. Last week I definitely over did it on the wine. Let me see, I probably had a bottle and a half thru out the week... I put on 3 lbs!! Ugh! For some reason when I drink wine I can feel my body start to retain water. Its weird... So, after over doing it on the wine last week... mind you I hadn't had wine in a long time... I decided to have one or two glasses tonight and hope that it wont give me the same icky result. So, I had my first glass of Reisling, and now I'm drinking my second and final glass of wine for the evening, Cabernet Sauvignon. Well, guess what... I'm feeling my body retain water. Ugh! Grrrr! Why can't I drink wine without feeling that way? Not that I'm trying to drink it on a regular basis. But every once in a while I would like to feel ok with having a glass or two.

Ok, so enough of the wine talk. On to some good stuff (not that wine isn't good... yummy... ha ha ha!). I've started back up with working out again. I kind of took three weeks off... not intentionally though... I was sick and just couldn't get back in the flow again... until this week!!! YEAH! I've also been seeing nutritionist for the past month or so. I've learned so much already. And here I thought I knew all I needed to know. I mean I've been dieting and exercising for almost 20 years now! Yes... you can say I'm the typical YO-YO dieter. Not to mention I've bought just about every exercise video and dvd that you see on those saturday morning infomercials! Hmmm... I dont want to think about how much money I've spent on that stuff! Ugh! So, thru all of this I've learned that yeah the videos and diets work, but only when you combine proper diet and a high enough intensity workouts to burn the fat and calories and build the muscle and be CONSISTENT! Also, I've learned that setting smaller goals are so much better and easier to reach than setting larger long term goals. So, thats where I am right now. I'm working on reaching the smaller goals. And here they are...

  • work out in the mornings at least 6 days per week (I do Beachbody Turbo Jam and P90X)
  • build up my workouts to at least 60 minutes per day (I'm currently at 20 minutes on an average)
  • have a 1200 calorie daily limit (so far I've been averaging at 1500 calories per day) I'm using fitday.com to keep track of everything. Its great!
  • reach a weight goal of 180lbs by January 12, 2009 (my current weight is 195, I started at 199 4 weeks ago, went down to 193, gained 3 back last week, lost one this week so far).
  • drink more water (at least 72 oz per day)
Well, that's about it for now. I'm gonna finish my wine and enjoy a movie with the girls. Ahhhhhh... feels so good to relax.

0 comments:

Fitness Tip of the Day