FOCUS

FOCUS

My Weight Tracker

Sunday, February 8, 2009

SUNDAY FUNDAY??? Hmmmm... How about KICK CAROLYN'S BUTT DAY!

Today I had my appointment with my trainer, Cindy. I call her Jillian Michaels Junior. I'm not joking either. This girl kicks my butt every time I see her (usually twice per week). She had me start off with a quick warm up on the treadmill... then the killer warm up which consisted of these things she calls "Burpees" with a shoulder press. From that I went to reverse pull-ups, then ab work which was passing the stability ball from my arms to between my legs. Then I had to do that whole thing all over again! THEN... (yeah, i'm not done yet), she had me do shoulder presses, down to bent over rows, then finishing that off with dead lifts, then right over to ab crunches, then bicycles, then start ALL over AGAIN!... Not done yet... THEN the finale'... lying leg lifts for my lower abdominals and about 50 jumping jacks with these funny looking soccer/cheerleading kicks. Woooh!!! I was sweating and panting... she kicked my butt!!! THEN......... you thought I was done, didn't you???.... She takes me to the cardio room, puts me on the elliptical, sets it up for intervals, level 2, for 30 minutes. OUCH!! My heart was pumping, I was sweating so much it was running down my face. Wooohoooo! What a workout! And I made it thru the whole thing with out stopping, and no cheating. I am so proud of myself!!!

Oh and just to give you all an idea of what I'm eating (all Low Glycemic Index foods every 2 1/2 to 3 hours)... here's a little sample of my day:

Meal 1: 1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1 cup broccoli
1/4 cup dry old fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda

Meal 2: Protein Shake made in Blender with
1 Scoop Whey Isolate,
1 tbsp Berry Berry Sugar Free Metamucil,
1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
4 oz Water
5 or 6 Ice Cubes

Meal 3: 4 oz Grilled Chicken
2 Cups Romaine Lettuce or Mixed Greens Salad
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinigarette
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread

Meal 4: 1 Orange
10 Raw Almonds

Meal 5: 4 oz Flounder
1 cup Shelled Edamame (Soy Beans)

Meal 6: (only if I'm still hungry and had a late workout but no
eating right before bedtime)
1/2 Protein Shake (no peanut butter)
1 String Cheese

And of course I am drinking at least one gallon of water per day. Oh and No alcohol allowed by the way (at least not for a while). Sugar Free Red-Bull is my drink when we go out. So I can still enjoy myself, but without cheating! :)

So, that was my day today! My trainer is very proud of me and you know what??? I am VERY proud of me too! :) Woooohooooo!!!

Oh yeah, one more thing... everyone, this exercise/diet plan that I am following (which is now a way of life for me), is really so easy! I've struggled for so long and finally I've found something that works for me. If I can do this, trust me, so can you!!!! Kick butt people!! KICK BUTT!!!

2 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

I started eating clean and low GI about 6 weeks ago and i have tried so many other dieting strategies that felt hard and this is SO EASY..people don't believe me and im glad i found someone who knows what im talking about!!

Jen's Journey said...

Great job! I both love and hate burpees!! They are an awesome way to get the HR up for sure!

Keep up the great work!

Fitness Tip of the Day