FOCUS

FOCUS

My Weight Tracker

Friday, February 27, 2009

Weight going DOWN and strength/endurance going UP!

Ok so maybe my goals are a little extreme, but I am STILL reaching them! I am so proud of myself for finally sticking to a plan and not wavering (not even a little bit). I was watching The Biggest Loser this week and one of the girls said "You know you can do it when something clicks inside of you". Well, something definitely "clicked". I dont know what it was... maybe because I got tired of trying every diet I could and failing at them all. Maybe it was because my trainer two years ago got to busy to train me and push me along. Maybe it was because I just wasn't following his plan like he wanted me to. Hence the reason for my lack of success. I felt like a failure. Like I not only failed my trainer, but I failed myself. But the good thing was that I NEVER STOPPED TRYING. I was determined to redeem myself. So, here I am...on the road to redemption and I'm DOING IT!!! Every day I feel different. I dont let the small things keep me from going after my goals. If I dont lose weight one week, no big deal. I know I'm doing the right things. It just means I have to tweak my diet and exercise routine a little bit. And that's what I did... and BOOM... the weight is falling off of me! And I realize that I will hit plateaus. So, when those plateaus come, thats when I change it up and do something different. Whether its eat less carbs and more protein, up my cardio, change my weight lifting routing... what ever it takes I am bound and determined to reach each and every goal little by little... what ever it takes!

Well, I'm going to get some rest now. I just had to fill you all in on just a little bit of whats going on. I've been fighting the flu, or bronchitis, or strep throat, or something. Whatever it is, it sucks... especially because I have to take rest days and not work out. BUT that's not going to stop me once I'm better. :) WOOHOO!!! I am going to be so freakin' HOT this summer!!!

Love ya'll!

3 comments:

Abby said...

What a great attitude!! I always tell people you have to have that click factor! No one else can do it for you, YOU have to WANT it! I'm so happy for you that you've reached that point!

As a trainer I sometimes feel like I've failed people because they don't succeed. So it's a good reminder to me that sometimes people just aren't ready.

Congrats on continuing to reach your goals and I hope you start feeling better!

Chris said...

Congratulations :) You have a lot to be proud of.

Carolyn said...

Thank you so much! And now that I'm over this cold, I am back in the gym and going full steam ahead! Woohoo!

Fitness Tip of the Day